Subzero Slot Tournament
Dates & TimeWed, Jan 30 | 2 PM-8 PM
Wednesday, January 30
2 PM - 4 PM & 6 PM - 8 PM
Top scorer at the end of each round receives $40 cash.
Earn one entry for every 1,000 Power Points earned, up to three entries.
Dates, Times and Location
- The “Subzero Slot Tournament” will be held Wednesday, January 30, 2019 from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Each tournament session will be two (2) minutes long.
- The slot tournament will be located on the main level of the casino.
Eligibility and How Members Participate
- Only Club GVC members will be eligible to participate and win in the slot tournament. All members must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to game in the State of Illinois. Club GVC membership is free and may be obtained by presenting a current and valid government issued photo ID at Club GVC.
- Grand Victoria will accept the following forms of valid government issued photo ID: Driver’s License issued in the US, state photo identification card issued in the US, Passport, US issued Military ID, photo identification card issued by government entities located within the US or US territories and possessions and US issued Permanent Residence Card.
- Grand Victoria reserves the right to request additional forms of identification as necessary.
- Entry Earning Criteria:
- Earn 1,000 Power Points to receive one (1) entry,
- Earn another 1,000 Power Points to receive a second entry,
- Earn another 1,000 Power Points to receive a third and final entry
- Entry Earning Dates: Power Points must be earned from the beginning of gaming on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 through 7:45 pm on Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
- Entries must be redeemed between 11:00 am and 7:45 pm at a promotional kiosk.
- The slot tournament is subject to availability and based on a first come first served basis.
- Upon obtaining an entry from a promotional kiosk, players will present their entry to a Tournament Official in the tournament area. The role of Tournament Official may be filled by any Grand Victoria Casino employee.
- Participants will be directed to their assigned machine upon entering the tournament area.
- Each participating member will be scored based on the number of tournament credits earned during his/her two (2) minute session. There will be no payout of credits or earning of reward credits.
- Before the start of each tournament session, the Tournament Official will make a verbal announcement that members that are present for the current tournament session must take their seats. The Tournament Official will escort any member requiring assistance to his/her selected slot machine location.
- Each slot machine will allow the member one (1) two (2) minute session of play.
- There will be up to of 12 electronic gaming devices (EGD) used for the tournament. The slot tournaments will utilize the TournEvent 4.0 Game Management System, a server-based platform, and will be located at bank 8000.
- In the event of an EGD malfunction, the member’s session will be reset and the member will have a full two (2) minutes of play.
- At the end of the two (2) minute session the player’s credits will be saved to the TournEvent 4.0 Game Management System.
- At the end of each session, the member with the top score for that session will win $40 cash
- Participating members will be limited to play in three (3) two-minute sessions during the promotion day.
- Winners must be present to win.
- All winners will be recorded on the winners log (see exhibit 1, page 7).
- A current and valid government issued photo ID will be required to verify the winner’s identity and to ensure that the identity of the winner agrees with the name and account number on the promotional kiosk entry as well as the member information in the patron management system.
- After the winner’s identity has been verified and the prize has been issued, the Winners’ Log will be marked with the initials, IGB license number of the prize issuer/escort, and the winner’s signature.
- The original Winners’ Log and all paperwork required to be completed prior to prize issuance will be secured at Club GVC for post tournament prize issuance.
- A photocopy of the original Winners’ Log will be forwarded to the Accounting Department at the end of the gaming day for reconciliation against the redeemed Receipts for Cash Expended.
- A promotional prize is defined as any prize award valued at $50 or more.
- For all prizes of $50 or more in value, winners will be required to complete a W – 9 prior to prize issuance.
- Winners must have their social security number verified through a Tax Identification Number verification service. In the event the social security number is not valid the winner will be given seven (7) days to return with a valid social security number and claim their prize.
- In the event the winner is a foreign patron, they will be asked to fill out a 1042 form and taxes will be taken out before payment no matter the prize amount.
- All W – 9 forms will be forwarded to the Accounting Department who will ensure that a 1099 form is generated and sent to the member prior to tax time if his/her cumulative yearly promotional win totals or exceeds $600.
- All winners will be responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes. Prizes will not be transferable or assignable.
- Each winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability & Publicity Release before receiving his/her prize and/or participating in the tournament. If the winner refuses to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability & Publicity Release or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements, no prize will be issued.
- Winners must state and acknowledge that he/she is not an Employee of Grand Victoria Casino, its partners, parents and affiliated companies, and its agents, successors, and its assignees, legal, accounting and advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this promotion. Winners must also state and acknowledge that he/she is not an immediate family member of a Grand Victoria Casino employee -- defined as parents (including in-laws), spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and step-relations – or living in the same household.
- If a potential winner is determined ineligible before the winner is announced, that winner will be eliminated and replaced by the next highest score.
- If a potential winner is determined to be ineligible after the winner has been announced, the Grand Victoria Casino, in its sole discretion, may retain the prize and no additional winners will be selected.
- If a winner is determined to be ineligible at any time after prize issuance, the Grand Victoria Casino, in its sole discretion, may recover and retain the prize and no additional winners will be selected.
- In the event that a member is unable to participate in the tournament for reasons of physical or mental disability, that member may request the assistance of a casino employee or designate another patron who is over the age of 21 and immediately present to assist him/her. Should that member be one of the top scorers and place in the tournament, any person so designated is not considered the winner, but rather solely the agent of the selected winner; any and all prizes won will go to the selected winner. The selected winner must be present for the tournament session in which he/she is scheduled to participate. Participating in the tournament as a designee does not preclude that person from independent participation in the promotion. The Promotions & Entertainment Supervisor or PA will make the final determination if this rule may be invoked in any particular case.
- Tournament times and all other specified times are approximate. Grand Victoria Casino reserves the right to change session times and all other specified times due to unforeseen or extenuating circumstances.
- Grand Victoria Casino in its sole discretion reserves the right to immediately cancel the tournament, if the execution of the tournament is suspected to be compromised in any way. The Illinois Gaming Board docksite supervisor/agent on duty will be notified immediately of any such cancellation.
- Grand Victoria Casino reserves the right to cancel or modify this tournament at any time for any reason, and without advance notice to the public. No modifications to a tournament will be made without the approval of the Illinois Gaming Board Administrator.
- All decisions and interpretations of the procedures and rules governing this promotion are within the sole discretion and authority of Grand Victoria Casino.
- Grand Victoria Casino will consider any member disputes or complaints over the execution of this promotion which are reported in writing to the Promotions & Entertainment Supervisor within seven (7) business days of the promotion in question. All complaints or disputes will be forwarded to the Illinois Gaming Board dock site agent.
- Unless prohibited, entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name and likeness for publicity purposes without any further compensation.
- A winner agrees, upon the receipt of his/her prize, to have his/her photograph taken and have his/her name and hometown published at the discretion of Grand Victoria Casino without any compensation or advance notice to the winner.
- Void where prohibited. By entering or accepting a prize in this tournament, winners agree to be bound by the Official Rules and to conform to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- This tournament will be conducted pursuant to these Official Rules, copies of which including changes, are available upon request at Club GVC throughout the duration of the promotion.
- In no event shall Grand Victoria Casino, its parents, partners, and affiliated companies, their respective agents, employees, directors, officers and legal advisors and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this give-away promotion, be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this tournament or acceptance of or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- In no event shall Grand Victoria Casino, its parents, partners, and affiliated companies, their respective agents, employees, directors, officers and legal advisors and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this tournament, be liable or responsible for computer systems or other technical failures, earning interruption due to system upgrades, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, any game malfunction or any other acts or causes beyond the reasonable control of Grand Victoria Casino, that affects, corrupts or interferes with the conduct, integrity or security of this tournament. Grand Victoria Casino reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual, who in any way interferes or tampers with the entry process or conduct of the promotion, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this tournament for any reason. Grand Victoria is not responsible for any typographical errors or misprints on any mail pieces or advertisements.
- Grand Victoria Casino reserves the right to void this offer for any individual who violates these Official Rules. All decisions of Grand Victoria Casino are final and conclusive.
- Individuals who are excluded from casino facilities through a government program, by his/her own request, by the Illinois Gaming Board, or by the Grand Victoria Casino are not eligible to participate or claim any promotional prizes after his/her exclusion date.
- Some restrictions may apply.
- This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of a member’s Club GVC Account.
Pending IGB approval. Open to Club GVC members only. RSVP in person on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 from 11:00 am to 7:45 pm at any promotional kiosk. Earn 1,000 Power Points from beginning of gaming on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 through 7:45pm receive an entry into the Slot Tournament (maximum three tournament entries). Slot tournament is subject to availability and is based on a first come, first served basis. Stop by Club GVC for complete rules. Must be 21. Employees of Grand Victoria Casino and their family members are ineligible to participate. Not valid for any participant of the Illinois Gaming Board Voluntary Self-Exclusion Program. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1.800.GAMBLER (1.800.426.2537).